Red Oak Farm
Copyright © 1998 -2012
Red Oak Farm Emu Test
This is an "honor" test, meaning that you grade yourself. No fair peeking at the answers! Print the test off and circle the answers. Then check HERE for the correct answers.
1. On what continent did emus originate?
2. How tall will an adult emu be?
3. What color are emu chicks?
4. What color are emu eggs?
5. Emus are members of the Ratite family of birds. Which of the
following birds are NOT ratites?
6. How many toes does an emu have on each foot?
7. Can an emu fly?
8. Who hatches the eggs, the Momma emu or the Poppa emu?
A. They are purple.
B. They are double plumed.
C. They hold more ink than a goose quill.
10. When an emu chick gets to 4 months old, he has lost his baby
feathers and is changed color. What color is he?